Get our INTERMEDIATE or PRO subscription plan


  • Raise 3BB
  • Raise 2.5BB

  • You call
  • You raise

Raise & 4bet



The PreflopAdvisor app utilises the Game Theory Optimized model of PokerSnowie to give you precise advice on how to correctly play specific hole cards in various preflop bet and raise situations at a 6-max NL Hold'em table.

Find out more about PokerSnowie and how it can be your perfect No Limit Hold’em poker coach and trainer on

How it works

To begin, choose between 5 different frequently occurring preflop situations. Then select the positions of both yourself and the other players at the table. Once all actions have been selected, a green button will appear in the middle. Click it to see a detailed advice table on how to act in such a situation for all possible hole card combinations.

Some terminology and assumptions

It is assumed in all situations that the players start with a stack size of 100BB.

3bet: a re-raise following a previous raise.
4bet: a re-re-raise following a re-raise after an initial raise.

Unless otherwise indicated, it is assumed that the opponents always open raise to 3BB whereas you, as the player, would raise to 2.5BB before facing further action.

Buttons and navigation

From anywhere in the application, click the PokerSnowie Logo in the top left corner to get back to the home page.

When on the advice table, a click or a slide on the table will also take you back to the home page.

After you have selected one of the 5 situations from the home page, you will see a navigation panel at the bottom of the screen, which allows you to go back and forth between actions.

Click on the question mark in the top right corner to get specific help about the section you are in.

If you need advice for more table types and bet sizes, then consider a membership plan which gives you access to our advanced Preflop Advice feature. The Preflop Advice Table is a great tool to visualise PokerSnowie’s preflop strategy in a single glance, with additional flexibility when configuring table and bet sizes. The Advice Table takes the guesswork out of preflop play, positioning you to maximise the outcome of every hand.

PreflopAdvisor License Agreement

Privacy Policy

The Advice Table

Your advice comes in the form of a grid of 169 squares, each representing possible hole card combinations. Pocket pairs are represented by the diagonal line through the middle, with suited hands above the diagonal and non-suited hands below.

Each hole card combination square is of a certain colour and sometimes includes a number.

The number stands for the percentage of the time PokerSnowie advises raising instead of following the indicated action.

eg. 47 in a white square means PokerSnowie would raise 47% of the time and fold the remaining 53% of the time.

Above the table on the left side you will notice a small box with the mention "Best raise size". This refers to the level of raise PokerSnowie recommends in this situation. It is expressed in pot size.

Open position

There has been no action in front of you and you're the first player to act. You get to decide on whether to call, raise or fold.

Choose your position (any position apart from the BB, as this is a forced bet). Once you have chosen your position, click the green button in the centre to see how to play your hole cards.

Facing a raise

A player in front of you has raised to 3BB. What should you do? As a special case, if you choose to be in the BB, you can select 2 raise size options – either 2.5 or 3BB.

Choose your position and select the position of the player raising in front of you.

Click the green button in the centre to see how to play your hole cards.

Facing a 3bet after my raise

You acted first raising to 2.5BB, and a player has decided to do a pot-sized re-raise (3bet) behind you. The stakes are rising, what should you do next?

Choose your position (notice that if you are in the SB, you then have a choice between a call and a 3BB raise). Then choose the position of the player 3betting you.

Click the green button in the centre to see how to play your hole cards.

Facing a 4bet after my 3bet

A player in front of you does an initial raise to 3BB. You do a pot-sized re-raise (3bet) after him, and he reacts by re-raising (4betting) again pot size. Big action, time to seriously consider your hole cards!

Choose your position, then choose the position of the player 4betting you.

Click the green button in the centre to see how to play your hole cards.

Squeeze from the blinds

You're sat in the Small or Big Blind. A first player raises 3BB, a second player calls. Should you squeeze by doing a pot-sized re-raise?

Choose your position (either SB or BB), then choose the position of the player doing the opening raise, finally select the position of the caller.

Click the green button in the centre to see how to play your hole cards.